Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Every Detail.

I had a boss once who talked very softly, never gave inflection to any particular part of what he was saying. I had to force myself to listen carefully to him. If I didn't, inevitably I would miss an important part of his instructions. Also, he was not very forgiving if I had to return to him and ask him to repeat something he had previously told me.

Fortunately, my heavenly Father IS loving and forgiving. He doesn't mind if I ask him to repeat something he's told me before. In fact, a lot of times it's right there in his Word. He put it in writing so I could return to his instructions as often as I need to. He wants me to get it right. He wants me to keep trying.

But I do find that some of the most important examples of his love and caring are stashed away amidst (in my opinion) the more boring parts of the Bible. For example, in the Old Testament, contained in I and II Kings are stories of how he cared for the poor ... even then. The woman who had nothing but oil in her pantry and the prophet told her (from God) to sell it. The oil replenished itself until she had enough money to live on.

But I also find that I need to pay attention to people in my life. Often times, God answers my questions to Him through the voices of those around me.

If I just listen ... he answers. Every single time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home