Saturday, September 04, 2004

So Significant.

I've been thinking a lot about the significance of Jesus' life (while tied to it, certainly, the significance of his life, in my mind, differs from the reason for his life).

His life was so short, only 33 years by all accounts. That is how old I am. I look at my life and ponder the fact that He made every moment count. I have not accomplished near what he did. I am amazed at his stamina. He walked everywhere he went. He talked to crowds of people. Talking to people is tiring ... yet he did it for hours on end.

His life was so important and universe changing that it was predicted hundreds of years earlier by prophets. The prediction of the details of his birth, life and certain death were recorded. To ensure that the people would know who he was when he arrived ... yet they didn't. Some did, but most wouldn't believe it. They were too caught up in being prideful, vengeful, living their lives for themselves. Interesting. Isn't that the way we all are today?

Yet God knew that would be the way of it.

If Jesus were to come today (instead of then), the outcome would likely be the same, I suppose. Which saddens me greatly that I wouldn't know my Messiah. Maybe I would though. But would I be open to Him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home