Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Tidbits.

Misfits like us. Proof that God can use anyone.

Abraham was old, Jacob was insecure, Leah was unattractive, Joseph was abused, Moses stuttered, Gideon was poor, Samson was codependent, Rahab was immoral, David had an affair and all kinds of family problems, Elijah was suicidal, Jeremiah was depressed, Jonah was reluctant, Naomi was a widow, John the Baptist was eccentric to say the least, Peter was impulsive and hot-tempered, Martha worried a lot, the Samaritan woman had several failed marriages, Zacchaeus was unpopular, Thomas had doubts, Paul had poor health, and Timothy was timid.

The Bible in 50 Words

God made, Adam bit, Noah arked, Abraham split, Joseph ruled, Jacob fooled, bush talked, Moses balked, Pharaoh plagued, people walked, sea divided, tablets guided, promise landed, Saul freaked, David peeked, prophets warned, Jesus born, God walked, love talked, anger crucified, hope died, Love rose, Spirit flamed, Word spread, God remained.

I am a disciple.

“I am a disciple of Christ. I will not let up, look back or slow down. My past is redeemed, my future is secure.

I am done with low living, small planning,smooth knees, mundane talking, chincy giving and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotion or popularity.
I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised or rewarded.

My face is set; my goal is sure. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few.

My God is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, delayed or deluded.

I will not flinch in the face of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I am a disciple of Christ. I must go until He comes, speak of all I know of Him, and work until He stops me.

And when He comes for His own, by the grace of God, He will have no problem recognizing me, because my colors are clear.”

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Debra said...

Hi Jeanette... Thanks for your nice comments at my blog. And your's is the first blog I've seen which is linked to mine~~thanks! I will start reading your blog now that I have found it.:o) It's a blessing to find someone else who loves old houses like I do. God bless!...Debra

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Aww. Thanks, Debra. I really, really enjoy reading your posts. You touch my heart every time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home