Thursday, September 09, 2004

Worship Team

My joining of the worship team at church was the treat the Lord gave me for working so diligently through old wounds and healing them. I would have been too scared to do it sooner. It would have been too overwhelming. The Lord knew this and made sure that everything was done in its perfect time.

One Sunday, one of the female singers ended her committment to the worship team due to obligations to her children. That same Sunday, three people came up to me and suggested that I join the worship team. I had been praying for three months beforehand for the Lord to provide me with an opportunity for me to serve my church. Isn't there something about "threes" in the Bible?

As I read I Chronicles 25 last night, I realized how important it is to worship our Lord through music. In King David's time, it was so important that the musicians were appointed from specific families ... almost like a family legacy or tradition.

I Chronicles 25:
1David and the army commanders then appointed men from the families of Asaph, Heman, and Jeduthun to proclaim God's messages to the accompaniment of harps, lyres, and cymbals.
(snip)
6All these men were under the direction of their fathers as they made music at the house of the LORD. Their responsibilities included the playing of cymbals, lyres, and harps at the house of God. Asaph, Jeduthun, and Heman reported directly to the king. 7They and their families were all trained in making music before the LORD, and each of them--288 in all--was an accomplished musician. 8The musicians were appointed to their particular term of service by means of sacred lots, without regard to whether they were young or old, teacher or student.

I feel so humbled and honored to have been chosen (so it seems to me) to have the responsibility of worshipping the Lord with the worship team at church. It doesn't even feel like it's a responsibility, really. It just feels right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home