Monday, December 13, 2004

Mire of Depression.

Sometimes, from the mire of depression can come the simplest of words that remind of what will be our rope to grab hold to and climb back up the slide.

For me, the words of a song that I learned as a child:

Jesus loves me this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
Yes, Jesus loves me.

And, this verse I read during my devotions:

Psalm 48:14
For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.

Depression is not an easy thing to experience. It is even more difficult when it stems from hormones. Hormonal depression is not helped by positive thoughts. I have to search for things that will give me hope. Hope is the simplest word. Yet, hope is what keeps me alive.

4 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Saija said...

i started writing two notes, but just deleted . . . since i don't know if you are talking about you, or someone else ... ?

if a depression is caused by hormones, there are so many GOOD meds to help out . . . tho' i'm a fine one to talk since i look at a tylenol with horror ... REGARDLESS of that flaw of mine, i have good friends who have taken meds for a period of time, to balance things out, and have gotten to the other side of their depression ok . . .

thanx for your bloggedly hugs . . . sending some right backatcha! ((())) . . . from leo too . . .

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Yes, I'm talking about me. I have some meds my GYN gave me, I haven't taken any of them because I know it will last around 3 days or so. It cycles with my PMDD. It's just really hard. See my endo blog for today.

Thanks for the hugs.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Paula said...

I'm glad to know that God met you in your depression. Isn't He good?

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Waterfall said...

Jeanette, I take Prozac/Serafim for PMDD and it really helps a lot. Makes a huge difference. Hormonal depression is so difficult to deal with ... I know what you're going through (month after month ...).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home