Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Worship Team ... resolution?

Tonight I sent the following e-mail to the worship team leader:
Hi John, I've really been struggling lately with my health and energy levels. And, while I have immensely enjoyed being on the worship team, for now, it's just too much for me. I offer you a heartfelt apology because I feel like I'm letting you guys down. I hope you understand. I'm sorry ... Jeanette

This was so difficult for me. After I sent it, I sat here and cried for about five minutes. Have I ever mentioned that I intensely dislike change?

Yet, I really think God is calling me to attend a different church. There is a church (church 2) that has intrigued me for quite awhile. The thought of church 2 tickles my mind at intermittent intervals. I really feel a calling to try it out. If my intuition is wrong and I return to attending church 1 (and the worship team) then I haven't burned any bridges by "rocking the boat" and I can address the other stuff at a later date.

So, why do I feel like Seinfeld did when he tried out another barber? (sniffle)

5 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger RedFred said...

Seeing as you are taking a plunge and making a change, have you considered just not going to church?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Hi RedFred, no I haven't considered not going to church. A year ago, December, I committed to myself after 14 years of NOT going to church that I would never allow myself to go through that again.

My internal conflict is not about going to church, it's finding the church where I belong.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger RedFred said...

:-) just trying to get a ris out of you so that you would apreciate what I go through daily from well meaning christians, you do not need to explain yourself to me any more than I need to explain to them, but I thought it might give you a clue at least to my post on the other topic...

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Hmmm. And, true to my personality, I didn't "rise", I clarified.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger RedFred said...

Give me time, I'll get a rise.... might take a little while but I'm a persistent little bugger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home