Wednesday, December 15, 2004

A Woman's Needs.

I just watched the tape of Dr. Phil's show from last Thursday. He had a couple on who are trying to put their marriage back together.
After discussing several things with them Dr. Phil asked the husband, "Do you love your wife?" He replied, "Yes, I do." Dr. Phil asked what that means to him and he replied "Companionship, friendship, togetherness."

Then Dr. Phil turned to the wife and asked her if she loved her husband. After a pause, she replied, "Yes." Dr. Phil queried, "Even though he's hurt you and put you down, you still love this man? Why?"

She started choking up and said. "We have three kids together, we've been through a lot. I just do." When Dr. Phil pressed her, she said, "He's a good provider ... I don't know. I don't know why I love him."

LINK
I thought to myself, "How sad ... she doesn't know why she loves him. Maybe because she doesn't anymore. She only says so because it's a habit."

Dr. Phil said that his job is to listen to what people say, but more than that, to listen to and hear what people DON'T say.

Dr. Phil turned to the husband and said, "Let me tell you what I just heard. I just asked your wife why she loved you. She said, 'We have three kids together, we've been through a lot, and he's a good provider.' Oh, be still my heart. Not one emotional need did she mention that you are meeting. She didn't say, 'I love him because he loves me.' She didn't say, 'I love him because he makes me feel safe and secure and valued and beautiful and sexy and desirable and interesting. And I feel better about me when I'm around him.'"
AND, then, I thought to myself, "Gentlemen, Dr. Phil just told you precisely what every single woman on this planet needs. He just gift wrapped and handed to you for Christmas the operation manual for women."

Then, I went down the checklist ... because that's what this woman does and went, "Yep, my Tony meets EVERY SINGLE ONE ... and then some."

Me thinks he's a keeper.

4 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Jeanette--

Great post! My new system lost your email addy. Could you email me again?

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Saija said...

some women have such low self-esteem that they don't realize they DESERVE so much more ... sad

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger RedFred said...

Dr Phil...... Oh deary deary me, you go to Chiropractors too don't you :::walks away shaking head:::

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Hi Jeanette,

Just blogging by to say howdy to you my friend.

That is good about Tony, I sure will be praying for you both. For the Lord's riches blessing on you two.

I continue to take things one day at a time. I will be leaving for Atlanta, Ga by bus on Tuesday and get there at 3pm on Wednesday. Will be with my daughters and son and grandkids and I look forward to that. I will be there for about a month. I will have access to the net there, so I can maintain Hill Country Thoughts, etc.

Be blessed my friend and have A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Blessings,

Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home