Tuesday, September 28, 2004

God's Blessing of Friendship.

"Friendship is knowing the worst about each other and choosing to believe the best." -- Patsy Clairmont

For a couple of years now I have wanted to create "Thanksgiving" cards for my dearest and closest girlfriends and give them the cards at Thanksgiving. Yet, I can never seem to find the words to tell them how precious each of them are to me.

I have my real mom, Caryl, and two substitute mothers, Susan and Mickey. I also have two substitute sisters, Tracey and Jae. The Lord's way of bringing each of us together as friends leaves me speechless. And they have stayed there, never wavering ... even when they learned the worst about me, they stood strong in their encouragement to me.

It is interesting to me how different each of these women are, particularly in what they "do" everyday. Because of their diversity, I tried to pinpoint what the common thread is that runs through them. I once described it as "being down to earth." Then I saw this post (Link) on Debra's blog and knew immediately THAT is the similarity. These women are all "Down-Home Folks." Amazingly resilient and practical in their approach to life. They are straight forward in their beliefs. There is no "in between the lines" or head games. Intelligent, strong-willed, resolute, loving, caring and kind are characteristics of these women.

I am eternally grateful to them for their friendship and to the Lord for bringing us together.
Ecclesiastes 4:12 -- Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home