Sunday, October 17, 2004

God Gives Peace.

I have been asking God for peace. And, I feel so at peace right now. There are lots of thoughts swirling in my mind, but they are good ones. Peaceful ones.

I love rain. Today, the Lord has given this dry California land some rain. Well, rain by California standards. He kept me safe while I drove to and from church this morning to worship Him. The roads get very slick, so much so that the weather service issues warnings of slick roads when they post that we'll be having our first rain of the season.

I always sleep well when it's raining. It's as if it cocoons me in it's peaceful rhythm. The drops touch the leaves of my plants outside my bedroom window, splashing and dropping, softly, so softly.

It is late afternoon now, though, and I have peaceful worship music playing in the background. The rain comes and goes. My cats are bounding up and down the hallway. I see little furrballs with tails raised high as they run past my office door.

I have good smelling candles lit throughout the house, gingerbread, cinnamon, pumpkin spice. My front screen door is open, keeping just a slight chill throughout my home. I have warm clothes on; the softest jeans I own, a soft turtleneck and socks with kitty eyes on them.

So much I have because of God's grace.

Psalm 4
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone,
O LORD , make me dwell in safety.


1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Hi Jeanette,

He indeed does give peace!!

My favorite time is sitting on my front porch, lights and everything out, the oil lamp lit, just sitting back in my chair, listening to the sounds of the night. Of the crickets and the frogs, the breeze blowing through the trees and just relaxing and enjoying the presence of the Lord.

I love Psalms 4:8

Be blessed my friend and have a super week!

Writing for the King,

Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home