Sunday, October 03, 2004

Encouragement From Above.

Last night I came home distraught and discouraged. (Link to my daily blog for explanation.)

I wondered to myself if I am doing the right thing. It seemed so when I started this. I prayed to God several nights, asking Him if this is what I should be doing. In response, I received encouragement from one neighbor and two friends. So, I started this immense and overwhelming project.

I was so discouraged last night, I can't even begin to articulate. I walked in the door and just wanted to cry. In fact, I did cry to God in prayer. Asking Him to show me, again, if this is what I should be doing. It would be so easy just to give up and give in.

As I did my devotions last night, God brought this verse to my attention:
2 Chronicles 20
17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.

This morning as I readied for church, I turned on the Christian radio station and the pastor was speaking on how we all have been down and discouraged. And, as I turned to my morning devotions, the same verse that the radio pastor had quoted for the foundation of his message was the first verse listed for my meditation:
Deuteronomy 31
8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

The Lord does seem to have a pattern in my life of repeating himself three times when I've asked Him for guidance. I wonder what his purpose in this is. It is, after all, just a silly door. What could God possibly be hoping to achieve by having me go door-to-door in my neighborhood?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home