Monday, October 11, 2004

Why do Good Things Make Me Cry?

I just got off the phone with a man who has been a friend for about 4 years. He's a lawyer. I called him for free legal advice because he's smart. He hooked in a friend of his who is an expert on the matter I was calling him about. Within minutes I had the legal verbal ammo that I need to present tomorrow night at the meeting about my screen door.

But more than that, I know that if the battle that is fought tomorrow night isn't a "win", they will rally behind me with a "lawyer letter."

After chit chatting for about a minute and an abrupt ending (hey, he's a busy man and I like abrupt phone calls, regardless), I hung up the phone and was all choked up. Why? I got what I needed, legal support, emotional support ...

Why am I so stunned when my friends support me? Why do I get emotional when someone comes through for me? How did I come to believe I am so alone? Intellectually, I know that I am never alone. But, it seems my heart has trouble believing that.
Proverbs 3:
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I believe that there is a mentality nowadays that desires the individual to become a victim of some sort. There is nothing wrong with having faith in your family and friends.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

You are right about it being okay to rely on friends and family. It's hard for me to do. I don't know that it's a "victim" thing, I think it leans more towards the fear of being let down. You know?

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I understand your fear of being let down. That's why I didn't date until I was in college. It just got to the point where I said, Life's too short. If I get let down, fine. I've got other places to go, other women to meet, other things to do. Enjoy the time you're given. Don't be afraid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home