Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Doing Something? I think God is ... not me.

I must be doing something right.

The other day I wrote about struggling with impatience internally. Oh, how I struggle!

Yet, on my countenance, something must be pleasing to others.

Despite the unbelieveable depression I have experienced this past year, as well as some adversarial occurrences lately that have poked my spirit, complete strangers, at the rate of about one per week, keep telling me that I seem so peaceful.

The first person who said this to me, walked right up to me in the middle of the local Sav-On. He was a little old man, he doddered up to me and said "You seem so at peace ... " patted me on the arm and doddered off. I stared after him like he had grown a nose on his behind. What on earth?

It happened again and again over the next few months. The other one I get is "You look so young!" Or some variation of it. When I got my hair cut last week, the stylist asked me what classes I was taking in college. What??? I'm well past college age, yet he was insistent that I looked about 21.

Setting aside the feed that this gives my ego, I mean, who doesn't like to hear that they look youthful or peaceful? But, setting that aside, I wonder what's going on? I sure don't FEEL peaceful or youthful. Yet, it was about 7 or 8 months ago that I established a devotional routine, to read the Bible and pray every single night. To read a witty devotion and pray every morning. No exceptions.

I put this post together yesterday but couldn't end it right. I realized, after reading one of my online devotionals today why that was. It was because, what I'm trying to say is contained in this devotion. (Link)

Sometimes, no matter how YOU feel, GOD'S light still shines through you.

5 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Jeanette! Isn't it great to radiate God's grace?!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Saija said...

you even radiate it through your writing ... really ...

maybe it is an confirmation to us, that despite how we "feel", God's Spirit IS in us, and can be seen through us ... that is encouraging!!!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Gayla, apparently it is. I didn't even know. :)

Saija, err, thanks.

That's how I'm taking it ... confirmation of God's spirit. :)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Angi, I like this series for the morning devotions ... Link There is one for "Hope for a Woman's Soul" and "Grace for a woman's soul".

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home