Sunday, March 20, 2005

Did you hear that?

Ssshhh. Listen.

Mute your television. Turn off your music. Turn off your dishwasher or anything that is making a noise, including your thoughts. Just ... listen.

Do you hear that?

"Hear what?" I hear you ask.

"That." I reply

That which we usually do not hear because of the noises in our life.

I went away this weekend and just listened. I heard so many things that I usually don't hear. The squirrel on the roof. The tap of the tree branches as they swayed in the wind. Ahhh, the sound of the wind as it played with the branches. Even the silence of new snow falling. I heard the sound of my heart beat. The sound of my love's laughter and mine in response to his. The crackle of wood as it burned in the fireplace. The sizzle of bacon on the stove.

The joy of my heart as I focused on the simpleness of life.

Sshhh. I ask you again, did you hear that?

4 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I really like this other blog of yours as well.

A different flavor from a real lady.


Take Care
Michael

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Saija said...

i thought about you this weekend ... wondered how you were ... now i know ... it sounds like God blessed your time ... :o)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Michael, this blog is kind of the heart of me. My serious, introspective side.

Saija, awww, thank you for thinking of me. God did bless us this weekend. So much laughter. I love laughter. :)

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Paula said...

This morning I head the twitter of a bird outside my window as I paused to just listen. It nurtured me to receive its melodious little song, to let it wash over me with its simplicity and sweetness.

 

<< Home