Monday, June 06, 2005

Another Conversation with God.

Me: Lord, what are you lining up way up there?

My arm is thrown over my eyes. I've just awakened this morning. I see the Lord's lips curl in a slight smile.

Lord: You'll see, my child.

Me: But father, I'm so anxious.

The smile disappears to a gentle curve.

Lord: Child, you must remember that all I have in store for you is good. Only good.

Me: Lord, the knot in my stomach, it hurts ... I want to trust you.

Lord: I won't take that knot from you. You have to give it to me. When it's gone, you'll know you're trusting me.

Me: I trust you, Father. I trust you.

The knot slowly dissolves ...

2 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

I love these dialogues! How true! If we would only allow God to be Himself and rest in the fact that He does all things well. What an awesome God we serve!

David

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your honest conversations with God! :)

I am so glad He is sovereign!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home