Wednesday, April 06, 2005

But, I love Jesus ...

Someone near and dear to my heart loves Jesus with all of her heart.

As one would expect, if you love someone, you are fascinated by him or her. You just can't seem to get enough information, you know? So, over the years, she has collected the Bible on tape, sermons on tape, Christian music on tape, pamphlets, a couple of Bibles, books that provide insight on a Christian life, seminar workbooks, etc. ... quite a few things, you can imagine.

All of her belongings were, up until recently, stored somewhere else. The items were transferred this weekend into my care. One of the people who had been storing the items made several comments criticizing, in a negative vein, the fact that someone would have so much religious stuff, or "Jesus stuff" ... to which the person who collected the items said, "but, I love Jesus, too."

I guess it was a real conversation stopper.

I thought to myself, "Now that's a good way to be a witness." How many times have I been swept away with someone else's negative thoughts, like a creaky door in undisciplined wind, without putting the door stop down? How many times have I said negative things about others? A lot, I suppose. More than I'll admit to here.

Of course, I'd be a dork if I ended every sentence with "but, I love Jesus, too." Kinda makes me laugh to think about it, though. How opposite that is to a lot of the stuff I think or say.

3 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Negativity breeds more negativity. And I suppose that is more our bent, than to strive for holiness. That nasty sin nature. I've done the same - gotten caught up in negative comments about something or someone, which falsely boosts our pride and self importance.

The journey for holiness and righteousness is a tough one sometimes, but it is in the journey that God teaches us everlasting truths. And then we find joy.

Wow! Didn't mean to ramble, but your post truly made me contemplate.

:)

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Saija said...

:) .... i hear ya ...
AND i love Jesus too ...

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Gayla, ramble on, dear. :) I'm really good at objectively spouting facts and letting others draw their own conclusions. Probably a learned behavior from my legal training.

Where I struggle A LOT is with my thoughts. Lordy, I have full-on arguments with people in my brain, really clever arguments, too! If I do say so myself. I don't usually give voice to them. I'm too chicken. Bawk Bawk!

Saija, (big grin)

 

<< Home