Thursday, March 31, 2005

Morning Drive Worship

*starts engine*

It's time to drive to work. Morning time. My least favorite time of the day. I turn the worship music CD on and sing along. I've spent time in prayer and reading my Bible this morning, as I do every morning. This is just a continuation of that, 20 minutes of singing praises to God as I drive to work.

I'm singing along ... "Oh the wonderful cross, Oh the wonderful cross, Bids me come and die and find, That I may truly live ..."

The song continues, I mutter, "Man, what an a** ..." as someone does a two lane change to cut me off and slows to 10 MPH below the speed limit. "Are they turning?" I wonder out loud ... "Nope, just moved over two lanes to drive really slow in front of me."

I change lanes and continue singing ... "Here I am to worship, Here I am to bow down, Here I am to say that you're my God, You're altogether lovely, Altogether worthy, Altogether wonderful to me ..."

"What the ... sheez, what an idiot, moron." I shake my head as I avoid side swiping someone who failed to stop at a red light and pulled out directly into my path.

I arrive at work and I'm grinning to myself as I realize that I seriously doubt God intended me to worship him while calling those around me idiots.

Thank you, Lord, for your grace ... towards me and those around me.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Saija said...

i think you are brave just to drive on the California highways! ... i've driven in Phoenix and sometimes i got a little lost and perplexed ... i was probably the person in front of the one singing hymns, then calling me names ... *chuckle* ... do ya think?

you are so sweet and honest ... i appreciate that in you!!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanette, not to worry...I have caught myself doing the exact same thing. Thanks for your honesty.

Our "flesh" can be unleashed in a nano second, can't it? It just blurts out before we have time to take a thought captive.

Amazing grace...

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Stuart, once again, your comment is well worded ... leaves me with the opportunity to express my appreciation.

Saija, yikes! Probably. I just hope the birdy didn't fly at ya that day! ;) Because we all know how helpful that little birdy is. Heck, The Beverly Hillbillies thought we were being friendly and flipped it back!

Gayla, oh indeed. I have really stubborn flesh, too. :)

 

<< Home